Planning a wedding is a huge undertaking. Perhaps you don’t feel you have the time, patience or creativity to pull it off? Enter the wedding planner. Wedding planners or wedding consultants provide super creative ideas, help plan and organize the wedding from start to finish, and take a great deal of stress off the happy couple. So, if a wedding planner is within your budget, go for it. Just be aware that the fees can be 10% to 20% of the cost of the overall wedding. There are loads of wedding planners out there, so be sure you do your research and check reviews and references before choosing one.
What services does a wedding planner provide?
Although many, depending on the needs of the client, below are some standard duties a wedding planner will perform.
- Keep the wedding within your budget: This may be the most important wedding planner task. So many couples get carried away and end up spending way too much than originally planned. This won’t happen if you hire a reputable wedding planner.
- Find the perfect venue: Wedding planners are in the know when it comes to popular wedding spots, as well as the ones that may be off the beaten path. Depending on your direction, they will find the perfect fit for you. They will also handle pesky details like permissions and permits if need be.
- Handle the invitations: From the wording and ordering to the addressing and mailing, as well as tracking RSVPs.
- Help you find that perfect wedding attire: Only if you’d like, the wedding planner will also help you find your wedding gown, bridesmaids dresses, groom and groomsmen’s look, and everyone else involved on your big day. He or she will make sure it reflects the formality and venue of the wedding.
- Be your spokesperson: He or she will be your voice. With a million details to deal with, your wedding planner will convey your every whim and want to vendors, friends or family members.
- Set up your wedding website: Your planner can help take care of all the tedious work and editing to ensure your site is perfect. He or she will also outline all of the important information for your guests, including accommodation and transportation details.
- Hire caterers and plan menu: The wedding planner will know all the best caterers that provide the most delicious food. They also know what these caterers charge and can choose one that is within your budget.
- Find musicians: Simply give the planner an idea of what type of music you like, and he or she will find the perfect fit—whether it be a DJ or live music of all genres.
- Choose a florist: With a wedding planner, you won’t need to waste time searching for the right one. They will not only suggest and help you choose the flowers, but also book the florist.
- Deal with the details: From unruly guests to cake emergencies and everything in between. The little details can get out of hand—with a wedding planner, there are no worries.
- Wedding ceremony procession: Your wedding planner will ensure that the ceremony flows smoothly and on time. He or she will direct every member of your wedding party for a flawless flow.
- Transportation on the big day: Whether it is a limo or horse and carriage, he or she will make sure it is booked and on time. This goes for getting you to the wedding and sending you off in style.